Snail market in Nigeria is rising due to the acceptance of snail meat, which has lead to an increase in demand for snails. The nutritional, medicinal and economic importance of snail meat has encouraged its marketing in Nigeria. The snail market in Nigeria proved profitable due to the estimated positive values of net marketing income and net returns on investment recorded by the farmers, wholesalers, and retailers. The prices of snail range from one location to another and snails are more expensive during the dry seasons. On the average, the price of a matured snails goes for #500- #1000 depending on the size and location.
The demand for snail meat is high and there is a guarantee for markets. Various channels which snails can be marketed include Hotels, restaurants, supermarkets, local markets, companies who use snail slime as their raw material and to beginner’s who are just starting their snail farms.
The international trade in snails is flourishing in Europe, Asia, and North America. There is also a good market for snail meat in the international market if only you can do a good packaging.
You can make millions of naira from this vast and unlimited market. Snail farmers are making a huge profit as the global demand for the delicacy increases.
You now see that this is an opportunity for you to get rich.
Also, before harvesting your snails, conduct a market survey, look for a potential market, and know the sizes and how they want it i.e. processed or live snail.
READ ALSO: HOW TO MAKE MONEY INVESTING IN SNAIL FARMING
Market Price of Snail in Nigeria
Snail market price in Nigeria vary and depends on many factors which include the following:
- Live or Processed: The price of processed snails cannot be compared to live snails. Processed snails either fresh or dried ones are usually more expensive than live snails.
- Season: Snails are generally more expensive during the dry season because people picking from the bush will be short of supply, thereby increasing the demand for snails. it is advisable to sell your snails during dry season if you understand the strategy.
- Location: location is also one of the major determining factors in the price of snails in Nigeria. Snails command high prices in big cities like Abuja, Lagos, Port Harcourt etc because of its high demands.
On the average the price of a mature snail is between #600-#1000, while Point of lay snails (i.e sexually matured snails) is between #300 -#500 depending on the season, location and value addition(live or processed).
Snail price per Kg
Processed snail meat increase marketability and profit. processed snail meat comes in different form, it can be fresh or oven dried. Processed snails are packaged in high quality materials in various kilogram sizes with the prices ranging from #7000- #9000 per kg.
Snail farming in Pdf
Get all the skills and information needed on snail farming from one of the best e-books on snail farming.
This E-book explored the combination of inter-connected aspects, such as housing, breeding, and reproduction, nutrition, disease prevention, control and management to ensure good snail farming practice. This practical booklet focuses on all these subjects and links them to substantial profitability in snail farming.
To get the Ebook click here
Maxipharo Farms is committed to assist you by providing complete integrated agribusiness consulting services.
Precisely, Maxipharo Farms undertakes to:
• Help you build your own snail farming unit.
• Provide you with the know-how for the proper and smooth management of the snail farming unit.
• Offer specialized consulting services and feasibility studies.
• Also offers marketing services.
CONTACT: Farotimi Olaoluwa
Tel no: 07062385874
E-mail: [email protected]